Waaaaaah! Vacation is over and it was back to business as usual this week. It’s all good though, I’m still able to see the sunny side of things even when untouched work has piled up, my phone is ringing off the hook, and everyone is demanding my attention all at the same time. Every low point has a high point, and here are mine from the week.
1. Dog hugs! I sure missed my doggies while I was away. Nothing is better to me than seeing the excited looks on their faces, and rapidly wagging tails when we arrive home from a trip. I’ve been hugging them constantly since we’ve been back. Added bonus: Boozer the wiener dog is back! Talk about the cuddliest dog ever. He gets to stay for a few weeks too.
2. I accomplished everything on my goal list this week. I would be a complete anxiety ridden stress case if I didn’t make (and stick to) lists. Its so crucial for my peace of mind that I’m able to cross off those tasks one by one. I can’t always finish the whole list each week (okay, I make them by day too), but when I can, it’s the best feeling ever.
3. No fewer than 8 people told me how tan I look this week. That is my favorite compliment.
4. Wine delivery! I joined the Domaine Chandon wine club when I was in Napa a few weeks ago, and I got my first shipment this week. Just in time for Frank and Jenny’s visit this weekend! (Frank loves a Rose)
5. The weather in San Diego could not be more perfect right now. I have lived here for 10 years, and I can honestly say it never gets old. When the days get hot, but the ocean is still cold, we get an amazing morning and evening fog that is truly beautiful. It clears out during the day to make way for tanks and flip flops, and creeps back in the afternoon which is perfect for cozy sweaters in the evenings, but not so cold that we have to close the windows while we sleep.
6. Due to some fortunate appointment canceling, I was able to buy and plant my vegetable garden this week. Tomatoes, hot peppers, sweet peppers, zucchini and cucumbers. I’m hoping the east facing bed will get enough sun to produce a bounty this summer. I’m super stoked on this new project, and I’m sure you’ll be hearing a lot more about it.
That’s it for me this week. Leave a comment and share the great things going on in your life right now. I love hearing about them!