It was a beautiful Saturday in Pacific Beach for the sale, and I had a great time getting to know some other local bloggers like Liz from Yum and First Bite (my table mate) and her adorable family, and Amy from Do you Know the Muffin Pan (all recipes that can be made in a muffin pan!) I also got to meet a few people who will be attending Camp Blogaway with me this upcoming weekend such as Mary the California Greek Girl and Marie from Meandering Eats which just makes me more excited for camp. (enthusiasm is contagious!) Being a part of such a wonderful blogging community has really been such an asset in my life, and it just gets better everyday.
For the sale I made my orange creamsicle cookies and these insane brownies who’s recipe was sent to me by a friend of mine. I didn’t QUITE sell out either item, but came pretty darn close. I think my housekeepers are going to be happy since I’m leaving the leftovers for them to enjoy today. Of course, I couldn’t go home without buying some stuff for myself so I picked up an ginormous carrot cake muffin with a mini mason jar of cream cheese frosting from Kelsey at Happyolks (this made the perfect Sunday breakfast!) and a Lemon Snow Cake in a Jar from Lil Ms. Sueshine (I die for all things lemon and coconut) We polished those items off pretty quick. Back on the healthy eating wagon today!
Pretzel Crusted Peanut Butter Candy Brownies recipe from Baby Gizmo
- 2 ½ cups crushed butter pretzels
- 1 cup melted butter
- 5 tbsp sugar
- Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Mix and all the ingredients the mix calls for
- Brownie Mix (13×9 family size box + all the ingredients the mix calls for)
- Snack Size Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (2 – 10.5oz bags)
- Crush the pretzels in a food processor or however you like to crush pretzels. Any kind of pretzels will do but I recommend using crushed butter pretzels (you find them next to the regular pretzels and they are literally called “Synder Butter Pretzels”) for the recipe. I also recommend not crushing the pretzels to dust but keep some small pieces to keep the crust crunchy. Mix the melted butter (melt in microwave), sugar and pretzel crumbs. Press into lightly greased 13×9 pan. Set aside pretzel crust and make the cookie dough.
- Make the cookie dough according to the package. Lightly press the cookie dough evenly on top of the pretzel crust.
- Unwrap 24 snack-size Reese’s Peanut Butter cups and cover the cookie dough with the candy.
- Whip up your brownie mix and pour evenly over the Peanut Butter Cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then enjoy!