Fun month is now in full swing and whoa boy did we have some fun this past weekend! I’ll do a bachelorette recap for you tomorrow, but lets just say there was lots of screaming, singing, and side splitting laughter. Dare I say, it was epic. I hope all of you enjoyed your weekend as well. It’s Monday again and as promised, I’ve got another giveaway lined up, and this one is a doozy!
The prize of the week is an awesome Wholly Guacamole variety pack! This stuff is so delicious, and majorly addicting. The Hubs is obsessed with the 100 calorie packs. I love guacamole because its actually a healthy snack, and Wholly is all natural, gluten free, and preservative free so there is no guilt! Whoever wins this prize can have one hell of a football Sunday snack attack in the coming weeks.
What could be better than a spicy drink to wash down some chips and guacamole? I’ve got millions of jalapenos growing in my garden right now, so I chopped some up and made this amazing cilantro jalapeno limeade! Add vodka if you want to make it more “adult”
Cilantro Jalapeno Limeade recipe from Cooking Light
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 large jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 lime wedges, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice (about 10 limes)
- 4 cups ice
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and jalapeño. Let stand 30 minutes. Pour jalapeño mixture into a large bowl; cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and salt in a shallow dish. Rub rims of 8 glasses with 1 lime wedge. Dip the rims of glasses in sugar mixture.
- Strain cilantro mixture through a fine sieve over a bowl, discarding solids. Stir in lime juice. Fill each prepared glass with 1/2 cup ice. Add 3/4 cup limeade to each glass. Garnish with remaining 8 lime wedges.
Guacamole doesn’t just have to be for snacking. I’ve put guac on meatloaf, burgers, sandwiches, you name it! To enter to win a huge cooler full of Wholly products, leave a comment below telling me your favorite way to eat guacamole!