Have I got a holiday treat for you, and this one’s a doozy! To me, the best parts of the holidays are spent curled up in some cozy pajamas with a roaring fire, a good book, and a hot cup of coffee. Maybe even a cookie on the side. (Yes, it does get that cold in SoCal….occasionally). The parties and shopping can be fun, but I’m more of a low-key holiday gal.
The Hubs and I love to spend Christmas morning in this fashion. We’ll drink coffee and bloody marys, make waffles for breakfast, and spend the day watching movies and playing with our Christmas loot. In the afternoon I’ll hit the kitchen again, and make us an indulgent dinner, and we’ll drink “the good wine”. For us, its ideal.
If you love a low key holiday like I do, then you are going to lose your mind over this giveaway! Some friends and I have gotten together to bring you all the relaxing, no fuss, holiday essentials. Three lucky winners will win either a
- 5 quart Artisan Series KitchenAid stand mixer (winner’s choice of color)
- Keurig K65 Special Edition Brewing System
- Kindle Paperwhite Touch Screen E-Reader
Amazing right?!?! I suppose if you were feeling the holiday spirit you COULD give these away as awesome gifts, but if you just want to keep them to yourself then that’s cool with me too. You deserve it!
I highly recommend you bake up a delectable batch of these gooey, caramel-coconut brownies, slip on your coziest pajamas and slippers, and curl up on your couch with your laptop and get to entering this giveaway. Not only can you gain extra entries by liking some fabulous Facebook pages, you may find a new blog you love in the process. I can’t think of a better way to kick off December!
- ½ cup butter
- 1¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup soft caramel candies, roughly chopped
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in brown sugar. Continue whisking for 3 minutes until sugar begins to dissolve.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla, then stir in flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased 9X9 baking dish.
- Dot the surface of the batter with chocolate chips and caramel pieces. Top with coconut.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The “Comforts of Home” giveaway begins Monday Dec 2 and ends at 12:00 AM on Monday, December 9, 2013.
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Void where prohibited.
All entries are optional with the exception of leaving a blog comment. We will never sell, distribute, or spam your email.
Three winners will be chosen by Rafflecopter (powered by Random.org). The first person chosen will choose between a KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer, Keurig K65 Brewing System, or Kindle Paperwhite. The second person chosen will chose between the two remaining prizes. The third person chosen will receive the remaining prize.
This is a non-sponsored post. Prizes were purchased by a group of participating bloggers. KitchenAid, Keurig, and Kindle are not affiliated with this giveaway.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.