Inspired by UsWeekly’s “25 things you don’t know about me” column, and in honor of my 30th birthday this month, may I present 30 things you may not know about me! Now, I realize that a lot of people who read this blog are my family and friends and probably know this stuff, but for those of you you are kind enough to read without knowing me, this one’s for you! May we not be strangers for much longer!
1. I’m the only girl in my family (besides Mom) I have 3 brothers
2. I have a bachelors of fine arts specializing in painting (shameless plug: www.betsyoriginals.com)
3. I switched my major to painting after majoring in photography and finding it not instantly gratifying enough for me (this was before digital photography)
4. My favorite foods are mashed potatoes, pineapple, popcorn and coffee (not all together)
5. My parents still live in the same house I grew up in. Until I went to college, I never moved.
6. My two dogs, Grace and Tally, are mother and daughter (Grace is the mother)
7. My favorite color is blue. My (current) favorite color combination is turquoise blue and red.
8. I am really scared of spiders. I don’t mind them outside but totally freak out when I see them inside.
9. None of my brothers or I ever wore braces
10. I have 4 nieces and 3 nephews
11. I never had allergies until I was an adult. Now I am highly allergic to cats and have terrible seasonal allergies
12. I learned to type after college when my husband (then boyfriend) was in the navy and deployed overseas. We could only communicate via email. In college, my friend Val would type my papers for me while I narrated.
13. I LOVE to carve pumpkins
14. My hair color is natural. I have not dyed my hair since the 90’s
15. My biggest pet peeve is lateness. If there is a SLIGHT chance I will be even one minute late I will call to let you know.
16. My second biggest pet peeve is phone books. Talk about a waste of paper! Who even uses a phone book anymore?
17. I have a super weird photographic memory when it comes to finding things (keys, shoes etc.) If I see it once, I’ll remember it. However, tell me your name and I’ll forget it in 5 seconds
18. I find it offensive when people don’t vote.
19. I drive like a maniac
20. I love anything that is vanilla or lemon scented or flavored
21. I’m obsessed with wiener dogs
22. I truly, TRULY believe that you can do ANYTHING if you set your mind to it.
23. My favorite cocktail is citron vodka with diet ginger ale and a lemon……or champagne 😉
24. I believe in karma
25. If I ever win the lottery I plan to open a charter school.
26. The best money I ever spent was on lasik eye surgery. The second best money I ever spent was on my king size bed.
27. I often dream about running away to Hawaii, living on a beach, and running a rent-a-bicycle stand for tourists.
28. I spent every summer, all summer, at a cabin on a lake, I live by the ocean and I have a pool in my backyard, yet, I am still a terrible swimmer.
29. I have all the patience in the world for children and puppies but zero for electronic/technical difficulties.
30. My full name Elizabeth, but no calls me that except doctors and credit card companies.