After yet another successful holiday party last night, I’m officially pooped for the week! I’d better find some energy to celebrate The Hubs birthday on Saturday. Today I’ll wrap up my cookie/gift posts by mentioning all my favorite things. Including my favorite cookie.
For my birthday this year, my friend Jen made me these chewy coconut cookies which I LOVED. For cookiepocalypse this year, we added white chocolate chips! Best. cookie. ever. Coconut reminds me of tropical destinations like Hawaii, which, since we’re on the subject, is my favorite place in the world.
Chewy Coconut Cookies recipe from All recipes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- ***we added one bag of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually blend in the flour mixture, then mix in the coconut. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly toasted. Cool on wire racks.