I’ve got a routine on Monday’s. Prep dinner in the morning before work. Come home from work, and turn on the oven. Walk the dogs while the oven preheats, and throw the pre-prepared dinner in when I get back from walking the dogs.
Simple right? Or at least that’s how I try to keep it. Monday’s are hard enough without having to stress out about dinner.
Often Monday meals are things like quiches, or one dish meals, but this week its hasselback potatoes. Mine are stuffed with broccoli and feta, but you could easily make these any flavor you’d like. Chili cheese, BLT, taco flavor, and sour cream and onion come to mind. Plus it’s easy to make as many or as few as you would like.
Easy. It’s all about easy. Leave the fancy meals for the weekends people.
- Baking potato
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced butter
- salt & pepper
- 1 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Carefully slice the potato in narrow slices that end ¼ inch from the bottom of each potato.
- Gently bend the potato to fan the slices. Place thin slices of butter between each slice.
- Sprinkle the potato with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40 until the potato begins to soften.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes until crispy.
- Meanwhile, heat a little olive oil over medium heat in a small skillet. Add broccoli, green onion and garlic to the pan, and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Top the potato with broccoli mixture and feta cheese.