Healthy buffalo chicken dip is great for football Sunday, but these bite sized appetizers are great all year long.
I love a happy accident. When these Buffalo Chicken & Celery Appetizers came to be, I had fully set out to make buffalo chicken lettuce wraps. It just so happened that the day before I received the hugest bunch of celery I had ever seen in my CSA box. My buffalo chicken lettuce cup idea included celery too, but actually seeing the celery turned on a light bulb in my brain.
People often ask me where my inspiration comes from. Well, this is it. I see something that will spark an idea, or an idea will magically pop into my head seemingly for no reason. It has been this way my entire life. It’s actually kind of a fun way to live….except when I get no ideas for a while. Those times can be frustrating, and I feel a little lost, but thankfully they don’t come around too often.
On the flip side, perhaps there are no accidents at all. Perhaps I was meant to make Buffalo Chicken & Celery Appetizers all along I was just waiting for the right bunch of celery to come into my life to let me know.
Whatever the reason, this awesome appetizer presented itself in my brain just in time for March Madness. It’s really the perfect bite-sized snack for all the basketball and buffalo sauce fans in your life.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 bunch of celery
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter and Frank's Red Hot sauce together, whisking frequently until butter melts.
- Pour buffalo sauce over shredded chicken and toss to coat.
- Slice celery into 3 inch pieces. Stuff celery with chicken mixture. Top with blue cheese crumbles and serve.
My Favorite Buffalo Recipes