The Hubs recently installed a sink on our back patio so we now have a complete outdoor kitchen…..sort of. There’s a grill, a cutting surface, a mini fridge, and a sink. They’re all completely disjointed, but I’ll take what I can get. I’m excited to be able to prep and cook all summer long while still enjoying the sunny weather and my pool guests.
I like to keep my summer cooking light, and full of fresh veggies from my backyard garden. For my inaugural meal in my outdoor kitchen, I grilled up some chicken breasts and used Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Dips Mix to make my version of chicken gyros.
So these aren’t the most traditional gyros around (I put avocado on everything I possibly can), but they taste darn delicious.
Although I don’t often eat yogurt by itself, it is a fridge staple in my house. I use it frequently for cooking in place of mayo, or to add richness and moisture to baked goods. My new favorite thing is adding a packet of Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Dips Mix to take plain greek yogurt to another level.
Sure you can just use it as a dip, but where’s the fun in that? I not only used this dip in place of tzatziki on these California chicken gyros, but I also used it the next day on some shrimp tacos. It’s majorly versatile.
What are you looking forward to grilling this summer? Keep Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Dips Mix in mind to add a bit of freshness to whatever you dream up.
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Dips Mix
- ½ cup diced tomato
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup diced avocado
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
- juice from one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1lb grilled chicken breasts
- pita bread
- shredded romaine lettuce
- In a small bowl combine greek yogurt and Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Dips Mix. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, cucumber, avocado, red onion, Italian seasoning, lemon juice and salt & pepper.
- Thinly slice chicken breast. Spread one pita with yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with shredded lettuce then top with chicken and cucumber mix. Top with additional yogurt mix, roll, and enjoy!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Hidden Valley through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated by POPSUGAR to write a post about Hidden Valley, all opinions are my own.