Um, these candy cane kiss cookies are literally TO DIE FOR! If I was able to find the white chocolate, peppermint kisses year round you’d better believe I’d be making these weekly. My friend Jen saw this recipe last year, and went out to find some of the kisses only to discover they were sold out! Better keep that in mind for next year.
Candy Cane Kiss Cookies recipe adapted from Our Best Bites
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Combine the cocoa, flour, and baking soda, gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in peppermint extract. Refrigerate dough for 30-60 minutes
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until puffy but still soft. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes and then gently press each warm cookie with an unwrapped Candy Cane Kiss.
Viva terra has all sorts of cool stuff, but I love their holiday wreaths especially this one
I also love what they do with succulents
Speaking of succulents, my other favorite ‘greenery’ site is
Maybe I’m kinda obsessed with succulents these days, but these ornaments are the coolest things EVER!
Flora Grubb is also known for her beautiful aeriums. I got one of these for my best friend for her birthday one year
Just a side note, just because I haven’t posted all my workout’s this week, doesn’t mean I haven’t been doing them! I did a 4 mile run plus stairs on Monday, Crunch Action upper body workout on demand on Tuesday, and 10lb slim down extreme cardio kickboxing on demand today! Still keeping up with my “skinny” holiday season! Hooray!