This post was sponsored by Sargento® All opinions are my own
“It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.” ~Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
I love this time of the year when we are right on the cusp of spring. The days are longer, the earth is thawing, and glimmers of the summer to come can be found all around. One of my favorite symbols of spring (one I can only imagine now that I live in California) is daffodils growing out of the snow. The whole world is waking up, and my tastebuds are right there with it.
I’m not quite ready to pack up my scarves and sweaters, nor am I quite ready to stop making soups and baked casseroles. My summer vegetable garden is in the ground, but it will be quite some time before I can start enjoying its bounty. The seasons are beginning and ending all at the same time.
During these transitional times, I like to cook foods that pull a little of where we’ve been, and a little of where we’re going. This Cheesy Lemon Brown Butter Baked Pasta, has the richness and comfort of a cozy winter sweater, combined with the freshness and lightness of a pair of flip flops. It’s the ultimate spring meal.
Lemon brown butter, fresh herbs, and a touch of Sargento® Off The Block® Shredded Cheese is the secret to keeping this dish light. No heavy sauce needed! Sargento® Off The Block® Shredded Cheese is inspired by chefs and has distinctive, high quality cuts, blends, and varieties always shredded from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. It sounds fancy, it tastes fancy, your family will think it’s fancy, but it’s actually available at Walmart. Awesome.
As an added bonus, this Cheesy Lemon Brown Butter Baked Pasta is a great way to fuel your body for spring cleaning! Yet another sign that summer is on it’s way.
While you and your family transition fully into spring, take a moment to be inspired by the changes in nature, and let that inspiration guide you in the kitchen and in the rest of your home.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, removed from cob
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups dry orecchiette pasta
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- zest from 3 lemons
- ⅓ cup Sargento® Artisan Blend® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ⅓ cup Sargento® Off The Block® Mozzerella – Traditional Cut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large, cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, corn, Brussels sprouts, zucchini and tomatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables begin to char.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl with cooked pasta, and diced chicken, and fresh herbs.
- Return skillet to the heat and add butter. Cook butter until foam subsides. Scrape brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in lemon zest.
- Pour brown butter mixture over pasta mixture and add parmesan cheese. Toss to coat.
- Return pasta mixture to skillet an top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes until cheese melts.
Sargento® cheeses are available Walmart stores. You can save even more on the Everyday Low Prices with a Sargento® coupon found HERE
This post was sponsored by Sargento® and I was compensated to write it. Regardless, what I have written is my own opinion and experience, and I hope you find it of use.