I’m not a huge football fan or anything, but I can certainly appreciate a game in any sport that is a fight to the bitter end like those two games yesterday! Holy cow! Talk about nail biters. Anyway, The Hubs and I were fully tuned in while chowing down on these delicious ‘dillas. It actually made for quite a lovely Sunday.
Back to the tax season grind this week, although I do have something to look forward to. I’ll be making my annual pilgrimage to Seattle on Thursday night to hang with my bestie Jenny for her birthday. Its going to be EXTRA exciting this year since Jenny and her bf, Frank recently got engaged! I am dying to talk wedding plans, but more importantly bachelorette party plans!!! I’m thinking Mexico, fo sho. Of course I would travel anywhere to see Jenny, but I absolutely love going to Seattle. Despite the gray skies (which is sometimes a welcome change for us sun lovers) I just love the vibe of the city, and can’t wait to see what great restaurants Frank and Jenny take me to this time! They’re total foodies.
Shrimp and Bacon Quesadilla recipe from Sunset Magazine
- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp (36 to 42 per lb.), halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 flour tortillas (10 in. wide)
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- Sliced avocado, salsa, and sour cream
- Cook bacon in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. Pour off grease, then add shrimp to pan and cook until pink, about 1 minute, stirring often. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Set a tortilla in pan and sprinkle half of it with half the bacon, shrimp, cheese, and onions. Fold tortilla over filling and press down gently. Cook, covered, until browned, turning once, about 3 minutes total. Transfer to a plate. Repeat to make second quesadilla.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces. Serve with avocado, salsa, and sour cream.