This week was so Great that I’m afraid that the next few weeks will seem like a let down. Hopefully I can hold on to all the gratitude from this week and spread it around just in case next week seems like a dud. I’m not even going to think about that because right now I’m just feeling happy!
1. I finally published my ebook that I’ve been working on since last year. I’ve never considered myself a chef, nor have I ever wanted to get into the cookbook space. For me, this project was all about learning the process, following specific writing and photography goals, and spreading a little joy. I have to say, I have not felt this sort of pride towards my art in a really long time. I look at it and think, “holy shit, it’s a REAL book! I made a REAL book!” I’m beyond grateful that I decided to take this chance, and I’ll say that the sense of accomplishment alone is totally worth it. If you’d like to BUY my book you can find it HERE.
2. On Monday I invited Leila over to make valentines. She didn’t know what a valentine was, but she does now! I love hanging out with her and hearing her funny 4 year old perspective on life. It was all fun and games until 8 or 9 valentines in she said, “How long do we have to do this? Can I play with Minnie now?” Gee, thanks kid. Actually, it’s great sound bytes like that one that makes hanging out with kids hilarious. I’m grateful to have the comic relief in my life.
3. This week we launched the all new Collaborative Thread. We’re a social meet up for women in creative careers that focuses on empowerment and support. Sharing, collaborating, teaching, and learning has brought me so much joy since deciding to live a creative life almost 5 years ago. I’m grateful to be a part of an organization that can help connect and support other women who are on a similar path to mine. 2015 is going to be a Great year for us.
4. In addition to my ebook, I’m focusing on doing a lot more video projects this year. I worked in production for years which in a lot of ways has been the catalyst that set me on my current path. I’ve been missing that medium, and am super excited to reconnect with it. This week I debuted my first (of many!) new videos to come here on Betsylife. I think it turned out Great! I hope you’ll stay tuned to see what Olive and I create next.
5. I had a couple of fun lunches this week. The first with my sister in law and niece who I’ve been trying to catch up with for weeks now. Grace is walking with assistance, and is just cute as ever. I also had lunch with an old friend from high school who was in town visiting his sister. We had an awesome beachside meal and caught up with all the happenings of our lives. It was a Great way to spend an afternoon. I’m so grateful to have these connections in my life, but I’m also grateful that I have a schedule that allows me to make these types of things happen.
6. The weather in San Diego this week has been hot and breezy, my favorite. It’s like Maui followed me home. Yesterday I was walking Olive on a block that was lined with flowering crabapple trees. The wind blew very hard and it was like we were in the middle of a giant, white confetti party. It was so magical we just stopped and stood there for a minute. Walking with Olive is probably one of my favorite things ever. Being outside and away from my screens is good for my soul, and I felt like that moment was made just for us. I’m so grateful I was there to notice instead of inside staring at my computer.
So yeah, pretty much the best week ever. So much is wrapping up for us right now; my book, some big work stuff The Hubs has been working on…..we’re going to Mexico late next week, then I feel like March is going to be a whole new playing field for us. I can’t wait to see how it goes! Have a beautiful weekend everyone.