June, we’re friends. Thanks for not being gray, and for starting off on such an awesome note. How about for everyone else? How has summer been treating you so far? I’m so happy to be back in the swing of regular life. I must admit, home is really where my heart is. Let’s get to this week’s gratitude.
1. My main squeeze Boozer is back after a looooooong hiatus. Since we were unavailable for Boozer-sitting for so long with all my travels, George’s mom filled in and now she’s in love with the little guy too. Look’s like I might have to fight for him from here on out, but I’m happy he’s with me this time. As you can see from the photo, he’s thrilled too.
2. Recently Val and I discussed what we were going to do this summer, and I feel as though I’ve already gotten a head start on my plans. Last weekend I biked down to the bay to picnic with Val, Jen and the kids. I floated in the pool for a while, I’ve been doing a lot of reading, and yesterday we went to see The Book of Mormon (hilarious and majorly offensive. You’ve been warned) Not that “seeing a play” was on my summer to-do list per se, but finding new, fun activities was, so I think this was a good start. Upcoming weekend plans include a BBQ at a friends house, drinking at a brewery, and gardening. Life is pretty grand dontcha think?
3. I honored my fitness commitment to myself this week by doing all 5 of my cardio workouts, and all 5 of my strength training workouts despite being sore as a mo fo. Wednesdays sit ups were possibly in my top ten most painful things I’ve ever experienced in my life, but I powered through and I’m feeling very accomplished.
4. The weather here has been incredible. Forget our usual June gloom, it’s been 70, sunny, breezy, and absolutely perfect not to mention some cool sunny day rainbow thing that happened last weekend. Sometimes it feels like San Diego is going out of its way to welcome me home. I love this place.
5. My car is fixed!!! No more will-it-or-will-it-not-start anxiety every single time I try to go somewhere. Great news for all those people who are waiting for my parking spot. I mean, Senty is 15 years old, so I understand this might be the tip of the break down iceberg, but I’ll take what I can get.
Well I’m off to enjoy this lovely Friday. I hope that if your week has been great you take a second to appreciate it. If your week hasn’t been so great, dig deeply to try and find something that you’re grateful for, and know that today is a new day so keep your eyes open for Great things happening all around you.