I suppose we can call this The Great List, Chicago style! Usually I’m burnt out on work by this time of the week, and need to think good thoughts in order to finish the work week strong, but this week I’ve been on vacation, and I’m already feeling pretty relaxed. The last two days have been so fun, and thankfully not too hot, and I’m super looking forward to the rest of the events I have planned while I’m here. Let’s get to the highlights so far!
1. Obviously meeting the sweetest 2 babies in my life for the first time was a hugely great part of this week! I’ve always been kind of obsessed with twins, and its amazing that these two sweeties are actually related to me (there are zero twins in our family history) Being a baby has got to be a scary thing…facing the world for the first time and not understanding any of it. I just think its so cool that twins never have to go it alone and always have that source of comfort in each other. Plus, maybe because I’ve never had a sister, I just love seeing them together and thinking “sisters!”
2. Big brother Luke was no disappointment either. Five is such a hilarious age and I love the gems that come out of his mouth. When I showed up I said “would you like to introduce me to your sisters?” and he said, “sure”. Then we went inside and they were both crying and he said, “maybe now is not a good time” HA! I don’t know where they come up with this stuff.
3. I’ve got a few friends that I’ve known for 20+ years. We all got together for dinner this week, and I love the way that time can reverse so quickly, or how we can always pick up where we left off like no time has passed at all.
4. En route to here I had one of the funnest flights of my life. I love traveling with my bestie Val (we’re from the same hometown and she’s here for a family reunion) The service was excellent (flight attendant kept the drinks flowing!) and we just jabbered away the entire time. I’m sure the girl sitting next to us was probably annoyed, but that’s her problem! Extra bonus, Val’s dad picked us up from the airport with a cooler of beer in the back! That’s so Chicago for you.
5. Val is home for her family reunion, and so is my other bestie/Val’s sister, Jen and little Leila! Jen’s been gone since July 1st and I have really missed Leila (sorry Jen 😉 you know what I mean) It was so great to see her giant smile and hear her hilarious belly laugh again. We’re all flying back together which is going to be a pretty funny experience I’m sure. I’m hitting their family reunion circuit tonight and am really excited to see all their cousins and the cousin’s kids too. Should be a wild time!
Totally child-centric greatness this week, but hey, I’ll take it! I don’t have any kids of my own, because I like hanging out with them then giving them back. Weeks like this are awesome for me and tide me over for the whole year. So now its your turn? Tell me what great stuff is going on with you! Maybe its only one thing, but look hard and leave a comment telling me what it was. We can start a big, happy, Friday online party! Not a bad way to start the weekend!