Greetings from zombie land! We had Olive spayed yesterday and she kept me up half the night clunking around our bedroom trying to navigate her fashionable new head cone. Poor buddy. I’m hoping a gallon of coffee or so will help snap me out of my fog so I can accomplish everything I have planned for today.
I’m not sure that this week has been any busier than a normal week, but for some reason I’ve found myself wondering if its ok to go to bed while its still light out each evening. I think when The Hubs is out of town and I have to take on all his responsibilities in addition to mine, I can start to feel a little weary. I’m ecstatic its Friday so let’s get the good vibes rolling!
1. The Hubs is home after being away for a week. After a decade of being in a relationship with The Hubs, and him traveling frequently during all of those years, I’m pretty used to being by myself. However, its ALWAYS better when he is home. I’m looking forward to some down time with him this weekend.
2. It was a great mail week! I got my purchases from the Nordstrom anniversary sale in the mail, and my pillow shams from West Elm that have been on backorder since April. I had completely forgotten about them until they showed up yesterday. I love when stuff like that happens.
3. Last Sunday was the season opener for the concerts in the park series at the park by my house. Val, Jen and I went with the kids. Leila threw a fit because Jen told her she couldn’t have any popcorn until she ate her grapes. She stormed halfway down the hill and sat with her back to us for the rest of the concert. Why is this on The Great List you ask? I just thought it was hilarious. Its cool to see “the other side” of life in moments like these. Being a grown up definitely has its perks. At least the rest of us enjoyed the concert despite a few sprinkles.
4. I had my first ever article published on Yumsugar.com this week! I’ve been reading YumSugar for years and was thrilled when they reached out to me to join their blogger network. Click over to read my Lemon Basil Kombucha recipe and share with your friends.
5. It’s going to be a 2 weenie weekend! Ruby the dachshund will be staying with us this weekend. 2 labs and 2 dachshunds in the same house?!?!? It’s pretty much my dream come true .
Now, off to brew another pot of coffee. Have an awesome Friday everyone!