This week was chock full of fun, summertime activities. However, sitting here on this quiet morning, reflecting on my week, I realize that there was so much more than “fun” going on. Let me explain.
1. On Wednesday I went to a Padres game in the afternoon with my friend Maggie. I kind of feel like summer isn’t complete without going to at least one baseball game, and I had gotten free tickets, so despite not caring about either team playing, we went. It was Great to eat hot dogs and sit in the sun, but the truly Great part was just chatting with Maggie and really getting to know her. We’ve been friends for more than a year, but she’s not someone I hang out with all the time, and I realized I didn’t really know that much about her family and personal life. After this day together, I feel so much more connected with her which is so awesome. We had a blast.
2. On Tuesday I drove to LA for a Hatch Chile event with my friends at Melissa’s produce. Melissa’s has been a Great company to work with, and I’ve always enjoyed the events I’ve attended in the past. This time I got stuck in terrible traffic, and it ended up taking me almost twice as long to get there as it did the last time. I arrived way late, and full of traffic frustration. As I was driving I told myself “I am NEVER doing this again”. However, I was warmly welcomed, and once I ate some delicious food, I began to relax. I got to see 2 old friends I hadn’t seen in a while, and met 2 new friends who were super interesting, and actually had some connections that can help me with some projects I’m currently working on. It’s like the universe forced me to go to this event because it knew it would be good for me. So strange how life works that way some times.
3. Olive turned one this week! I took her to the beach for the first time since getting her stitches out on Monday. My favorite thing of all time is taking the dogs to the beach and watching them run and play without a care in the world. It’s always a Great reminder not to take life too seriously. This trip was extra Great because it was a warm, sunny afternoon, and the crowd of dogs that was there were exactly the type of dogs I love to see. There was one little dog that loved to fetch and could outrun Olive (she loves to chase) and one chocolate lab that was an excellent water retriever and could swim out really far (swimming is so Great for both Tally and Olive). There was also a sweet, gentle puppy the same age as Olive, and the two of them wrestled together forever. All the owners were fun and nice, and we all had a Great afternoon.
4. Recently an interesting project was proposed to me that has caused me to really analyze my life and creativity. That’s all I’ll say for now, but self examination is truly eye opening.
5. I have zero plans today. I mean, I’ll do my workout, and I always have work to do, but having no deadlines and no meetings, just a long, open time slot to fill however I choose is probably the Greatest thing in the world.
Not a bad way to start off a weekend! I hope you all can take a minute to reflect on what was Great in your life this week . Even the worst week’s always have a silver lining.