My gratitude journal is coming at you a day early this week since I’ll be leaving on a jet plane this afternoon. While everyone is heading back to school, I’m heading to summer break in Lake Tahoe with my girlfriends. I grew up spending my summers on a lake in Minnesota, so in my mind, summer is not complete without a trip to the woods. I’m confident this weekend will be as epic as our spring break in Napa. It’s just icing on an already Great week!
1. It finally feels like summer in San Diego! The temperatures have been absolute PERFECTION the last few days. Warm, even in the shade but not hot. The evenings are even warm! I’ve been loving my long walks with Olive in the late afternoon. I still marvel about the beauty of my neighborhood, and feel so grateful that I live here.
2. I finally received payment for some work I did ages ago. The life of a freelancer always involves chasing down your money. It feels Great to be all paid up!
3. Yesterday when I was laying on the ground photographing some food, the dogs came up and laid on either side of me until I was done. How cute is that?!? I missed them terribly when I was in Florida last weekend, and I’m pretty sure the feeling was mutual. There’s been lots of ear scratching in the house this week to make up for lost time.
4. I enjoyed the amazing Summer Sirens dinner at Carnitas Snack Shack on Tuesday. I love going to these dinners where chefs from all around San Diego get together to prepare multiple courses paired with local beers. This particular meal was majorly well thought out and delicious. Color me impressed!
5. The Hubs had a breakfast meeting this morning so I get an extra cup of coffee! Life is really all about the little things.
If you want a play by play of what I’m up to this weekend, be sure to follow me on Instagram as @betsylife. Otherwise, take a second to reflect on the Great things in your life, then go out and use that positivity to have a Great weekend!