Its early here in Betsylife, and I’m up, drinking coffee, and writing this Great List a day early for you before I jump on a plane to Seattle. I feel like I travel a lot, but I know compared to some people (like The Hubs) its not really that much. My travel always seems to stack up back to back and this month is no exception.
I’m sure I’ll be eating, drinking and shopping my day away tomorrow with Jenny (as per usual) but I wanted to be sure to get my gratitude in for the week. Here we go…..
1. I got to see The Hubs on Sunday! We had a good long stretch of being in the same place at the same time for a while there, but that’s all over now. We’ve been in the same state only a couple of days over the last several weeks, and Sunday was one of those days (well, once The Hubs got back from Vegas at about noon). Years ago I would get upset about this situation, but after realizing that was futile, I now just try to make the best of it and be grateful for the time we do get to spend together. He napped while I went to Leila’s birthday party, and when I got home we had a Great time catching up and hanging out together……while he packed. We’re meeting in Seattle today, and I couldn’t be more excited! Normally my Seattle trips are solo missions, but Jenny and Frank bought a new house so now there’s room for The Hubs too! It’s going to be a Great weekend!
2. While I was out of town last week, The Hubs texted me “guess who I invited over?! Boozer!” Boozer was back, and has slimmed down quite a bit. He’s still sporting his signature leg wrinkles as you can see from the photo, but he has a much easier time jumping up on the couch these days. I’m not sure what it is about him, but I am wildly obsessed with this dog. He’s got the sweetest temperament, he’s beyond cute and loves to cuddle. I hate giving him up. I don’t think Jenny would mind if I brought him to Seattle with me. I do have a little hipster sweater for him…….
3. Leila’s birthday party was on Sunday at her favorite park right on the bay. It was very low key and lovely. There was great weather, an abundance of cuteness, and lots of birthday girl smiles. I made her a tinkerbell cake which I think turned out Great! After spending a few days with my parents and reminiscing about my childhood, I wonder if I’ll get to spend all of Leila’s birthdays with her. I hope so. In my heart she’s family, and I hope all of us always live as close to each other as we do now.
4. I’ve been really good lately about going the extra mile with all my tasks, both work and personal, before going out of town. It makes coming back so much easier and less stressful. This work week was a breeze because I got ahead before I left. I tried to do the same thing the last few days, so hopefully it will once again pay off on my return!
5. I swear hot yoga wasn’t as hot this week. Either that or I’m really getting used to it. Each week I feel like I have a better practice than the week before. I finally GET IT yoga people! I’m feeling really Great, and I don’t even mind getting up for that 6am class.
I’d like to end by saying that there was a bunch of not-so-Great stuff that happened this week as well. There always is. By writing this Great List I’m choosing to let it all go, and focus on what is Great because those are the only things that really matter in the end. I hope you all have a Great weekend!