I spent the majority of my week diapering my dog. That’s right, Summer decided to “become a woman” the same week we had her scheduled to get spayed. If you’ve ever tried to diaper a puppy, you know that it’s NOT Great. I’m doing my best to ignore this messy inconvenience and instead focus on the high points of the last two weeks.
1. I had a really wonderful trip to Chicago last week. I was having so much fun I didn’t even have time to post my Great List. I got see two of my brothers and their kids, my parents, and two of my oldest friends. I watched a heart swelling-ly cute Halloween parade at my friend’s son’s school. I had an incredible dinner with my Fun Month partner in crime, one day before she became engaged, and I got to see some beautiful fall foliage. Awesomeness all around.
2. Beyond all the fun activities of last week’s trip, I’m also really grateful for the break from my life. I’ve been out of my mind stressed and overrun with emotions surrounding this big move we’re about to embark on. I really needed a few days to just step away and collect myself. I’m feeling much better now, despite still crying every day and riding waves of panic that seem to pop up out of nowhere.
3. Part feeling back to normal was starting the huge task of list and calendar making which accompanies every work change/location change. I’m so grateful for my work wife, Kelly, who hooked me up with some awesome planning pages and a good dose of encouragement this week.
4. We hosted our last Collaborative Thread event of the year on Monday and it was wonderful and inspiring as always. I said goodbye to my co-founder Marissa, as she embarks on her own adventures in central America. I have always felt wholly supported by this incredible organization, but hearing so many well wishes really made me feel loved. I’ll be lucky to find a creative community even half as awesome as this one in NorCal.
5. Last but not least, I ran a few times this week in preparation for this weekend’s Fit Foodie Run, and I did not die. #ihaterunning
Looking forward to enjoying a beautiful mid-70’s fall weekend here in San Diego. I’ve got my checklists, leftover bottles of birthday wine, and a DVR full of shows. It doesn’t get any Greater than that! See you next week.