These easy, healthy pancakes are great topped with syrup, peanut butter or jam. Perfect to take on the go.
I know that new recipe posts have been scant around here lately, but it’s not because I haven’t been trying to create new content. I’ve just been faced with one failed idea on top of another. That’s the way it goes sometimes in the life of a recipe blogger.
This year has been a strange one for my body thus far. Relocating was a major stressor, which came with a lot of take out food, and wine. That lasted a good 3 months, which was followed up by one health issue after another. My body has been working overtime trying to stay healthy, which has left me with very little energy for pretty much anything, especially complex cooking.
When I do have a free moment or a burst of energy, I’ve been trying to create some batch focused (make a bunch, enjoy it all week long), super healthy, and good on the go (hot or cold) recipes.
I’m learning this combo is harder to achieve than it sounds.
One success are these healthy protein pancakes with oats. They’re full of good-for-you stuff like quinoa, oatmeal, peanut butter and superfood powder. They’re also super portable, and taste great topped with a variety of things like fruit, homemade jam, or syrup.
I made a batch one Sunday and ate them all week long. Definitely a necessity when you’re swamped with work, and running on empty due to a leg infection that’s desperately trying to heal.
I’m still searching for some balance in my life. I’m hoping one day I’ll be able to get back to regularly creating and testing fabulous and unique recipes for you to try, but until then, I think these make ahead, healthy meals on the go are going to become more of the norm for a while. Not that I’m complaining. These healthy protein pancakes with oats taste delicious, and I think everyone can use a good healthy option to eat when they’re busy.
- ½ cup oatmeal pulsed into a flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup LivFit SuperFood Protein Blend
- ¼ cup PBFit Peanut Butter Powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup prepared quinoa
- In a large bowl combine oatmeal flour, all purpose flour, collagen peptides, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, protein blend, and peanut butter powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and stir until fully incorporated. Fold in quinoa.
- Melt a little butter in a skillet over medium heat. Scoop ¼ cup portions of mixture into hot skillet. Cook until pancakes begin to rise and bubble, then flip and cook until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Lasts about 5 days in a sealed ziploc bag in the fridge, or freeze them for up to a month.
Try these other easy make ahead recipes
**This post contains affiliate links**