I actually made these passion fruit crepes on Superbowl Sunday. Not your standard Superbowl fare, but that’s what you get when you’re friends with me. Total food randomness.
I thought it would be appropriate to post these for valentines day. They’re sweet, a little bit special, but still simple to make. My wonderful friends at Melissa’s produce sent me a box of passion fruit and some pre-made crepes (genius) recently, so of course I thought “football food!” Just kidding, but I did immediately think of making curd, and I’m sure glad I did. This passion fruit curd was OUT OF THIS WORLD.
I topped these off with a little toasted coconut and some bourbon vanilla whipped cream I made with the homemade bourbon vanilla extract I got for Christmas from my friend Meghan. They were devoured in no time!
If you’re looking for a sweet treat for your valentine, look for some pre-made crepes and whip up some simple curd. It’s easier than you think!
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup cold butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of passion fruit pulp, strained
- Heat the pulp, butter and sugar in a heavy based pot until the sugar has dissolved and its almost boiling.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs together until fluffy then quickly add them to the pulp mixture, whisking constantly.
- Place the pan back on the heat and whisk constantly until the mixture becomes thick.
- Strain warm mixture to remove any cooked egg bits, then store, covered, in the fridge.