This post was sponsored by Heaven Hill Distilleries Heaven Hill Family of Brands. Bardstown, KY © 2015
“Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great.” –Orison Swett Marden
Today marks 5 years of Betsylife. 5 years from the day I made a choice to do something for myself, and 5 years of riding the craziest, and awesomest roller coaster I’ve ever been on. Good times, bad times, triumphs and setbacks, it has all been worth it. I’m not sure what whispered in my ear all those years ago to start a blog, but I know for certain that this was the path I was meant to be on.
5 years calls for a celebration!
These days, my idea of a celebration is a small, simple gathering with those who are closest to me. Those who have helped make this 5 year milestone a reality, and those who continue to support me moving forward into the unknown. I don’t need anything fancy or showy. All I need is good company, great food, and some festive drinks. Seeing as it’s summer, let’s add “being outdoors”, to the celebration must-have list.
For this particular occasion, I grilled up a big plate of sweet and spicy pomegranate glazed chicken wings (the Hubs favorite) and a batch of what I’m calling “Pomegranate Sunrise Cocktails” (my favorite), and we dined al fresco, cheers-ing to Betsylife, and future adventures.
It was summer celebration perfection.
I’m thrilled to have come this far, and despite being excited about what the future holds, I’m relishing the space I’m in right now.
We could not have had such an excellent summer celebration without the help of my friends at PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur. Be sure to check out PAMA’s Celebrate Summer contest happening now for your chance to win a $500 gift card and PAMA party kit or a $250 gift card and PAMA party kit to throw your own summer celebration.
- 2-3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 cups PAMA Pomegranate liqueur
- 1 jalapeno pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 inch slice of lemon rind
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup Sriracha sauce
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat grill. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper and grill over indirect heat for 25-35 minutes, turning occasionally, until wings begin to brown and meat is cooked through. Move wings over direct flame to crisp the skin. Cook about 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, combine PAMA Pomegranate liqueur, jalapeño,and lemon rind in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Cook until liquid thickens and is reduced by ⅔.. Approximately 25 minutes. Strain and discard solids.
- Whisk together strained PAMA reduction, garlic, Sriracha sauce and liquid smoke.
- Remove wings from the grill and toss with PAMA sauce.
- 1½ oz PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
- Pineapple juice
- Pour PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur into a tall glass filled with ice. Top with pineapple juice.