I’m wrapping up my cookiepocalypse week with a cookie that is VERY Betsy. Popcorn cookies! Yup, you read that right, popcorn. In cookies. One of my all time favorite foods baked into a cookie. You are welcome in advance.
I made these with my 3 year old baking partner in crime/fellow popcorn-a-holic, Leila. Having kids around for the holidays can be very hilarious. Leila was more concerned with eating copious amounts of popcorn and watching Toy Story then she was with actually baking cookies, but we had fun nonetheless.
As a little holiday gift to all you fabulous readers, I’m linking up with 12 other bloggers today to bring you TWELVE cookie recipes. I mean, c’mon, did you think I’d leave you hanging with only 4 cookies for cookiepocalypse? With this spread you can bake a different cookie a day every single day until Christmas.
Santa will surely be pleased.
- Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies from A Night Owl Blog
- Jam Thumbprints and Tea Cakes from Hungry Girl Por Vida
- Popcorn Cookies from Betsy Life
- Peppermint White Chocolate Covered Oreos from Mommifried
- Peanut Butter Heath Cookies from Whatcha Makin’ Now
- Peppermint Cream Cookies from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- White Chocolate Ganache Filled Gingerbread Macaron from Dessert Now Dinner Later
- White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread from Joyful Scribblings
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies from Daily Cup of Kate
- Toasted Almond Russian Tea Cakes from Meegan Makes
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Cookies from What Katie’s Baking
- Grandma’s Sugar Cookies from Writer Mom Blog
Looking majorly mouth watering ladies!!! Thanks for playing. Wishing you and your families all a joyous holiday!
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract **I used homemade bourbon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Fleur de sel for sprinkling
- First, make the popcorn in your favorite fashion. I prefer the brown paper bag in the microwave version, but you can use a pot on the stove, or a popcorn maker. You should have about 4 cups of prepared popcorn when done. Pour the melted butter over the popcorn and toss until fully coated.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together ½ cup softened butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly beat in the flour mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fold in the popcorn being careful to discard any un-popped kernels. Continue folding until popcorn is well combined with the batter.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges begin to brown. Cool on a wire rack.