Baked brie is one of the simplest appetizers around. Over the weekend we had some friends over and I made this raspberry chipotle version to enjoy poolside while watching golf. I know it sounds super fancy and all but it really was not. Here’s proof
I had this bottle of Fischer & Wieser raspberry chipotle sauce left over from my giveaway a few weeks ago. I thought, “Dang. That would be great on cheese” and this raspberry chipotle baked brie was born.
Ok, it may not be the most “summery” of appetizers, but my crowd loved it. I served mine with some crunchy multigrain crackers, but it would also be good with a baguette or even pretzels!
- 1 (7 to 8-inch) wheel brie cheese
- ½ cup Fischer & Wieser Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
- 1 sheets (12 by 18-inch) puff pastry
- 1 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Using a sharp knife slice the wheel of brie in half horizontally
- Unroll puff pastry onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place bottom half of brie in the center of the pastry. Top with Fischer & Wieser Raspberry Chipotle Sauce. Carefully replace the top half of the brie on top of the sauce.
- Fold the edges of the puff pastry over the brie until its fully covered. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 and cook for an additional 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers or crusty bread
Summer is in full swing right now which means a weekly pool party for us (I guess we had better inflate all the pool floats finally). I’ve been loving the long days and the ability to take photos at 7pm. I’m looking forward to more FITS (Fun in the sun) more poolside appetizers, and more time spent with our fabulous friends. What are some of your favorite summertime activities?