I know it’s only been a week and a half, but I’m already starting to get impatient to move into our new house. The lack of cooking in my life is starting to drive me a little cuckoo. This week has been particularly difficult because I’ve come down with a nasty cold that has prevented me from getting out and exploring as much as I’d like to.
I’m bored. The dogs are bored. We’re all sick of packaged food, and we’re eady to get settled in our new home.
The good news is that with all this idle time I have on my hands, the recipe ideas have been flowing like crazy! Despite this sinus headache and hacking cough, I’m super excited about what’s ahead for 2016. This whole roasted cauliflower is just one example of what’s been inspiring me lately. I’m talking about new and unique ways to enjoy healthy, plant based food.
Don’t worry, Betsylife will always be about moderation, so there will be some decadent treats as well.
Stay tuned for some truly creative food ideas in the coming months. In the meantime, try this recipe! If you love cauliflower like The Hubs and I do, you’re going to love it roasted whole and slathered in creamy goat cheese.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons herb butter
- juice from 3 limes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup salt
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups water
- 1 head of cauliflower, leaves removed
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 ounces feta
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Bring chicken stock, oil, butter, lime juice, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes and 6 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add cauliflower, reduce heat, and simmer, turning occasionally, until a knife easily inserts into center, 12-15 minutes.
- Using 2 slotted spoons or a mesh spider, transfer cauliflower to a rimmed baking sheet, draining well. Roast, rotating sheet halfway through, until brown all over, 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cheese ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve with cauliflower.