Hey all! Remember me? The last 30 days have been a whirlwind, but I survived, I’m still smiling, and I’m ready to get down to the business of enjoying my summer! (I’m trying to pretend I don’t have stacks of paperwork to catch up on that accumulated while I was away) The Hubs was off to Vegas for a “man weekend” this past weekend, so I took advantage of my time alone by napping a lot, watching crappy wedding shows on TLC, drinking champagne, and surfing pinterest for hours on end. It was great! I got a ton of sun, a ton of rest, and feel ready to tackle another week of regularly scheduled work.
All that “activity” this weekend sure can make a girl hungry! I made myself this SUPER DUPER easy, summery sandwich in like 5 minutes (the accompanying grilled corn took a bit longer)
Grilled Zucchini Caprese Sandwiches recipe from Cooking Light
- 1 medium zucchini, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 6 slices
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (2-ounce) ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced ***I used burrata
- 1. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Place zucchini in a shallow dish. Add 2 teaspoons oil and garlic; toss to coat. Arrange zucchini in grill pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear. Cut each zucchini piece in half crosswise. Return zucchini to shallow dish. Drizzle with vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- 2. Brush bottom halves of rolls with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Top evenly with zucchini, basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella.
- 3. Brush cut side of roll tops with remaining liquid from shallow dish, and place on sandwiches. Heat the sandwiches in pan until warm.
So, a month of beer drinking, travel food and hangovers has really done a number on my bikini body. Starting today I’m back on my regular routine of exercise and healthy eating. I think its important for anyone to remember that if are trying to lose weight or be healthier, it doesn’t always have to be all or nothing. If you have a bad day (or month) just start again tomorrow (or today). My goal for the next month is at least 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week, and at least 20 minutes of weights and conditioning 3 days a week. For me, eating healthy is the easy part, its the exercise that I hate. So by writing out my goals here, I’m hoping it will help keep me accountable.
So what else have I missed? Any big news? Exciting happenings? Hollaback! Let me know what you all have been up to!