Holy crap this is the greatest sandwich I have ever eaten!!!! All the elements come together perfectly. I, of course, skipped the mayo and had to substitute prosciutto for serrano, but still……totally amazeballs!
Serrano, Manchego and Apple Sandwich recipe from Cooking Light
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 4 (1-ounce) slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup sliced shallot
- 4 ounces paper-thin sliced serrano ham or prosciutto
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Manchego cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 tart apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Combine mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon mustard; spread mayonnaise mixture over each bread slice. Top each slice with 1 tablespoon shallot, 1 ounce ham, and 4 teaspoons cheese, and sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Broil 3 minutes. Combine 1 teaspoon mustard, oil, and vinegar. Combine the arugula and apple slices in a bowl; drizzle with vinaigrette. Toss gently. Divide the apple mixture evenly among sandwiches, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
I want to say a HUGE happy 1st birthday to my mini homie Leila!! I’ve loved watching you grow the past 12 months, and I am really looking forward to the day you can say “Betsy”. We’ll devote this next year to learning that, what do you say?
I’ve got a lot of work to do for her party on Saturday. I’m super pumped to share some pictures with you all. Busy food styling today, but plan to do some birthday cake baking tomorrow.