Crock Pot recipes are great for winter or summer.
It’s slow cooker season and I’m excited to bring you not only this great slow cooker pork ramen soup recipe, but 11 other slow cooker soup recipes as well. That’s right folks, 12 bloggers is back, and we’ll be presenting you with some seasonal treats on the 12th of each month for all of 2015.
There are only two things I like about winter. Soup, and amazing winter sunsets. If it weren’t for these things, I would likely hibernate until April. I’ve been loving ramen this winter, and figured what better dish to adapt to a crock pot than ramen? What I love about soups like this is that each bowl can be customized with an array of condiments. Let your slow cooker do the work creating a flavorful, aromatic broth and tender meat, then let your family create their own, personalized bowl of soup. I like mine with less noodles and tons of vegetables, and The Hubs likes his with extra jalapeño slices and a generous squirt of Sriracha. The spicier the better!
You’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg. My 12 bloggers crew have enough slow cooker recipes to keep your crock pot full until spring, so be sure to click around and check out all their rad offerings.
- Crockpot Pork Ramen Soup from BetsyLife
- Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup from Home Cooking Memories
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup from Cooking on the Front Burner
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Slow cooker Sweet Potato Chili from Million Moments
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup from White Lights on Wednesday
- Crock Pot French Onion Soup from A Night Owl
- Beef Stroganoff Soup from Pink Cake Plate
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup from I Love My Disorganized Life
- Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup from See Vanessa Craft
- Green Chile Pork Stew from Around My Family Table
- Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Soup from Big Bear’s Wife
- 2-3 lbs pork shoulder
- 32oz container low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- The juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 packs Ramen noodles, seasoning packets discarded.
- 4 soft boiled eggs
- Garnish options: Cilantro, sliced carrots, Sriracha Sauce, green onions, jalapeños, lime wedges
- Add pork, chicken broth, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, chili paste, lime juice and brown sugar to the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove pork from the crock pot and shred. Turn crock pot to high and return meat to the crock pot along with the mushrooms. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Add ramen noodles to the pot and cook for 5 minutes or until noodles are cooked completely.
- Spoon into 4 bowls and top with soft boiled eggs and your choice of garnish.