Dinner has got to be easy this week. I think I’m going to need at least 3 days to recover from the wedding we attended over the weekend. Let me just say, Ken and Page definitely know how to throw a party! The wedding was beautiful and The Hubs and I had a wonderful time.
By enjoying ourselves SO much, we have a killed off a few brain cells, most likely the ones that allow me to buy a complete list of ingredients, and make something cohesive for dinner. While I wait for those brain cells to grow back, I’m going to stick to cooking-from-the-pantry, one skillet meals.
I’ll start things off with this Spaghetti squash, leek and potato frittata I found from Cooking Light. Mix, pour, cover and cook. It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
If anyone else is feeling brain dead or overwhelmed, I’ve got some good news for you. If you see a recipe that sounds good that you want to save for later, you can now save all my recipes in one place via ZipList.
What’s Ziplist? Its a cool site that allows you to collect recipes from your favorite blogs all in one place. It not only will save the recipe for you to make later, it will populate a shopping list for you too. Just click save recipe on any of my posts, and Ziplist will save it for you in your account. No remembering needed.
If you want to access it later, or get the shopping list for it, you can just click recipe box or shopping list from the main menu bar at the top of this site. Super easy. Great for those of us who have a hard time focusing on details after an epic hangover.
Start now! Save this easy, and healthy spaghetti squash, leek and potato frittata for another night when you don’t have the energy or brain capacity to make a fancy dinner.
- ⅓ cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon stick margarine or butter
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (about 1 large)
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in squash.
- Melt the margarine in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the hash brown potatoes and sliced leek, and sauté for 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the egg mixture to skillet. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes or until the center is almost set. Uncover, and sprinkle with cheese. Preheat broiler. Wrap handle of skillet with foil, and broil frittata for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.