If everything is better with bacon, then everything becomes insanely awesome if you add bacon and Sriracha. Case in point, this egg salad sandwich. I’ll admit I’ve never been much of an egg salad fan, mostly due to my aversion to mayonnaise, but this particular version sounded too good to pass up.
Since the invention of greek yogurt, I’ve found that I can all but eliminate mayonnaise from my life. Anywhere a recipe calls for mayo, I substitute greek yogurt. Thus far, this theory has not led me astray.
5. Homemade bread (don’t worry if you don’t have this. It’s still excellent)
Yup, that’s pretty much everything I love in one meal. This sandwich is not only going on regular rotation in the Haley household, I love it so much I want to give it it’s own room.
Even though I’ve been known to be a TAD hyperbolic at times, you should really trust me on this one. This sandwich will change your life!
- 2 center-cut bacon slices
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1½ teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 8 whole-grain bread slices
- Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble. Place bacon in a large bowl. Stir in onions and next 5 ingredients (through salt). Gently stir in eggs.
- Arrange ½ cup arugula on each of 4 bread slices. Top each serving with ⅓ cup egg mixture and 1 bread slice.
recipe from Cooking Light