I think I may have done some serious damage to my insides over the past few weeks. The combination of a steady stream of stress alleviating booze (kids, don’t try this at home), and the strange combination of foods I’ve been eating in order to empty out my fridge and pantry has left me feeling digestively challenged. I was commenting to my work wife, Kelly recently, about how I’m ready to ‘get on with my life’. This waiting-to-move stuff is not working for me both physically and emotionally.
A week from now everything will be wrapped up, and I’ll be on the road to my new life in Oakland. There are so many variables swirling around me, and I’m trying really hard not to get overwhelmed. I’m just concentrating on those things which I can control, beginning with what I’m ingesting.
I’ve begun drinking this awesome anti-inflammatory tonic, mostly to prevent myself from getting sick before I move (I don’t think I could make it through the next week if I was sick), but also to kick start my road back to healthy eating, and a healthy digestive system. When you have absolutely zero food in your fridge, and you’re subsiding on popcorn, sliced cheese and take-out, the easiest way to get nutrients is just to drink them so that’s what I’m doing. Eventually I’ll be able to grocery shop, and cook well balanced meals, but until then, I’ll just stick to this health tonic.
I promise there will be more actual recipes in the near future! Stay tuned to see what I cook up in NorCal.
- 2 inch piece grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (I used lime juice due to my fridge clean out mission. Grapefruit or orange would work too)
- 1 full dropper Immune Support Liquid Extract
- 1 full dropper Elderberry Liquid Extract
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a one liter bottle. Shake well.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water.
- Drink throughout the day.
If you’re a health drink fan, you may also like my apple cider vinegar drink! This one is a staple in my weekly routine.