Vanilla mixed nuts is a great diy food gift idea.
12 bloggers has been such a fun project this year, and I’m happy to wrap up our series with twelve festive holiday treats. If this were an in-real-life party, I would totally devour all these amazing goodies, but lucky for my waistline, I can only admire the photos from afar.
Holiday parties are not my most favorite thing in the world (small talk. no thank you), but the food is always what keeps me in attendance. Sweets, appetizers, dips, nuts, finger foods……mmmmmmmm. I love them all! My contribution to this fabulous online holiday partaaay, are these awesome vanilla mixed nuts with dried cranberries. These were inspired by a post race snack Val and I ate after running the Fit Foodie 5k in November.
I’ve made spicy chipotle mixed nuts before, but this vanilla version took it to a whole new level. They’re not entirely guilt free, but they definitely won’t be the MOST unhealthy offering at your holiday party. They also make great edible gifts, so if you’re looking to hand out some treats to your neighbors, I’ve got you covered.
You know the drill, be sure to click on over to see everyone else’s recipes too!
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups roasted almonds
- 2 cups cashews
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites till frothy. Add vanilla and nuts. Stir gently until fully coated.
- In another bowl, combine the sugars, salt and cinnamon. Add to nuts and gently toss to coat.
- Spread nut mixture evenly on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring once half way through cooking time. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a bowl, and mix in cranberries.
- Cool completely, and store in an airtight container.
- Vanilla Mixed Nuts with Cranberries from BetsyLife
- Peppermint Marshmallows from Home Cooking Memories
- Rum Spiced Walnuts from I Love My Disorganized Life
- White Chocolate Chip Cherry Shortbread Cookies from The Rebel Chick
- Easy Peppermint Bark from Million Moments
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge from A Night Owl
- Old Fashion Molasses Cookies from Bless This Mess
- Peppermint S’mores from Mom Endeavors
- Brown Sugar Caramels from Stephie Cooks
- Gingerbread Cupcakes from See Vanessa Craft
- Cranberry Orange Fudge from Around My Family Table
- Cinnamon Sugar Cheesecake Bombs from White Lights on Wednesday
More great holiday party foods