This quick and easy tortellini pasta salad recipe is ready in no time.
Ugh I am in slow motion today. Last night we went to the Katy Perry concert, which was great fun despite us being the oldest people there that were not accompanied by a small child. The upside was that there were no lines for beer since we were the only ones old enough to drink!
Today, however, I’m in a bit of a cloud. This means I am in need of an easy meal. Very, very easy. I left all my energy on the dance floor (dance aisle?) yesterday, and today I plan to do my work as quickly as possible, then hit the couch for the rest of the day.
Enter easy pasta salad. I love you pasta salad. Thank you for being so easy to make so I am not tempted to eat fast food today. Also, thank you Katy Perry for a super fun Tuesday night. That was awesome. Moral of the story: You’re never too old for a mid-week dance party!
Warm Tortellini and Cherry Tomato Salad recipe from Cooking Light
- 2 (9-ounce) packages fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups (1 1/2-inch-long) slices fresh asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups trimmed arugula
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) pregrated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered **I omitted these because I”m not a huge artichoke fan
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus to pasta during last 2 minutes of cook time. Drain.
- While pasta cooks, combine vinegars, oil, and pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add pasta mixture, arugula, and remaining ingredients; toss to coat.