1. Dyson vacuum: I never thought I would spend this much money on a vacuum, but after my old vacuum (which was only a year and a half old) choked to death on my dog’s hair once and for all I knew it was time for something a little higher quality. These vacuums are truly amazing! Worth every single penny. It literally destroys the never ending pile of pet hair in our house, and my favorite part, its very easy to empty out.
2. Scented candles: With 2 (often wet from swimming in our pool) dogs in the house, things can get a little stinky. I burn scented candles almost every single day. My all time favorite are the economy candles from contemporarycandles.com These candles are handmade by a couple from a town in Illinois right by where I grew up. The candles are unbelievably potent and burn for HOURS not to mention are super reasonably priced. I have never gotten a scent I didn’t like. In the summer I get scents like Cucumber melon and Hawaiian Breeze, and in the winter I get “holiday” scents like Spiced Pumpkin and Apple Cinnamon.
3. Buddhas: Buddhism has helped guide me through many trying times in my life. I like to keep Buddhas around the house as reminders to be patient, tolerant and kind especially in the face of of adversity. Supposedly, having a Buddha in your room brings Buddha’s blessing into that space. Hey, it can’t hurt right?
4. Mini aqua globes: yes, those things from the infomercials. These things are amazing and actually work! I am a firm believer that live plants really “make” a room, but with my busy life, I tend to neglect the ones in my home. These aqua globes do most of the work for me. You just fill ’em up with water and stick ’em in the soil. The plant sucks up the water as it needs it so I never get any mold or mushies from overwatering. When I see the globe is empty, I just fill it up! My plants have never looked better!
5. “Key bowl”: When I was growing up my parents kept a bowl near the front door that you put your keys in when you come into the house. This way, you never lose your keys! I do this at my house too. (I’m nerdy organized like that) I’m not sure what I would do without it. Actually, I do…..The Hubs rarely uses the key bowl and is forever asking “have you seen my keys?” My keys are always where I left them! I just think in any home its important for everything to have its own place. It helps to maintain some sort of order in a world that can get very hectic.