This sweet potato chorizo skillet is a simple meal option for breakfast or dinner.
Hash is what’s for dinner when you’re cooking for one. In my case, it was chorizo and sweet potato hash, but any variety will do. Hash is a not-so-fancy way to say fry up some potatoes and onions in a pan together. Generally meat is added, but its not a requirement. Also not a requirement, but also is excellent is the addition of cheese. I mean, c’mon, you can’t go wrong with cheese ever.
Come to think of it, a lot of what I eat is throw-it-together-in-a-skillet-then -devour. I guess you could say its my “cooking style” Ha! All I’m really try to accomplish most of the time is killing hunger, while consuming something tasty and nutritious. Yes, I like to bake pretty cakes, and cook up fancy meals every now and again, but generally I’m more of a hash gal. I think that may have been my nickname in college…….
Anyway, sweet potatoes are perfectly portioned for one. They’re pretty darn versatile, and highly nutritious to boot. Sweet potatoes and I have become close friends lately as The Hubs has been gone quite a bit. If you cook for one frequently, you should also get to know eggs. Eggs are another awesomely healthy and pre-portioned ingredient. One of my many life motto’s is “everything is better topped with an egg”. With all that in mind, this chorizo and sweet potato hash is pretty much a single person’s dream meal. It definitely is a new favorite of mine.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- one small onion, chopped
- 1 T Gourmet Garden cilantro
- 1 chorizo link
- 1 egg, poached
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Toss sweet potato cubes in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper, chili powder and cumin.
- Spread them on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Roast for 25 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Meanwhile, brown the onions and chorizo in a pan.
- Stir in Gourmet Garden cilantro
- Stir the potatoes into the pan with the onions and chorizo.
- Top with poached egg
Pin Chorizo and Sweet Potato Hash for Later