Can you believe I have never made rice krispie treats before?!?! It was not really on my mom’s repertoire of baked goods as a kid. Now that I have made them, I’m totally shocked. They were pretty much the easiest thing ever to make! As many of you may know, I’m a lemon fanatic. When I first saw this recipe, I started to drool…..literally. It sounded so frickin’ delicious I knew I had to make it!! Despite the fact that I added a bit too much cereal, these were the best rice krispie treats I have ever had! I could not keep my hands off them. I probably won’t be making them again unless I have an opportunity to ditch them off on someone else (Oh wait, I did that). I still ate more than my fair share. I have a LOT of cardio in my future. Who am I kidding, it was totally worth it!
Lemonade Rice Krispie Treats recipe from Shewearsmanyhats.com
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies®
- ½ cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon zest, not compressed (about 2 large lemons)
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir white chocolate chips and lemon zest into marshmallow mixture. Add in Rice Krispies® cereal and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spray a 13×9-inch pan or cookie sheet and a spatula with non-stick cooking spray. Pour Lemonade Rice Krispies® mixture into pan and spread with spatula. Cool completely.
I want to apologize for being so short and sweet lately. I’m in the midst of the busiest month I’ve had in ages. I’m doing my best to keep up on my blog (since it’s the part of my life I enjoy the most!) but even as I write some of my posts, I know they seem a bit rushed. Not to worry though, once July 15th or so rolls around, I’m hoping to get back to my usual summer of leisure with all kinds of ideas to share with all y’all! Thanks for hanging in there with me!