Is it time for anyone to break their resolutions yet? No? Ok. File this one away until you are ready then. Due to the fact that we have lots of friends with birthdays the first week in January, I always know that the buckle-down-and-get-with-your-fitness-goals doesn’t really start until the second week of the year. Since I’m not a resolutioner, and lead a healthy lifestyle year round, I have no guilt in eating these, totally to die for, cupcakes. You should seriously try it my way. Then you can have some too!
For my bestie Valerie’s birthday, I wanted to try something new. I dug deep into my bookmarked recipes and found this gem. Cookie dough and cupcakes combined! Yes! I had the cutest little red bandana (a classic Val pattern) cupcake papers that gave them a sweet look. Now, as an amateur recipe tester, I have made many a filled cupcake recipe, so I was a little leery that the center might ooze out. Much to my delight, they turned out as advertised. I only wish I had put MORE dough in the center. Next time you’re planning to make cupcakes, try these! It really jooshes them up, without a lot of extra effort.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes recipe from Allrecipes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and sea salt; set aside. Beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add 1 egg and the vanilla extract and beat until smooth. Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls; place onto a baking sheet, and freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat 3 eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer to break up. Add the cake mix, water, and canola oil; continue beating for 2 minutes on medium speed. Spoon into the prepared cupcake liners, filling each 2/3 full. Place a frozen cookie dough ball on the top center of each cupcake.