This easy chicken recipe is ready in under 20 minutes.
How’s everyone loving fun month so far? For me, its been great. I’ve loved reading about what everyone would make if they win the set of Gourmet Garden spices, plus I had an impromptu pool party with my neighbor yesterday complete with vodka drinks! You gotta do what you gotta do when its super hot outside like it is here!
This week I’ll be finishing my final prep for the bachelorette party I’m hosting this weekend. 7 girls from all over the country, holed up in a beachfront rental with many cases of champagne. I’m pretty sure I’ll be causing permanent liver damage, but its worth it for my friend Jenny’s happiness! Who am I kidding? Its going to be a blast! Oh fun month, you are always so awesome.
Real life, like errand running, work deadlines, and laundry, always tries to creep into fun month and ruin the festivities, but I try to minimize all that by simplifying the mundane stuff to allow more time for the stuff I really love. For example, we’ll be having this super easy, 20-minute chicken for dinner tonight. Meanwhile I’ll be heading to work today with 3 dozen twinkie-like cupcakes that I spent hours baking last night. Its all about priorities! Now, if only I could manage to keep up this laissez faire attitude year round.
Chicken with Honey-Beer Sauce recipe from Cooking Light
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with pepper and salt. Add chicken to pan; sauté 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add shallots to pan; cook 1 minute or until translucent. Combine beer and next 3 ingredients (through honey) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add beer mixture to pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Return chicken to pan; turn to coat with sauce. Sprinkle evenly with parsley.
Don’t forget to check out yesterday’s post, and enter to win a full set of Gourmet Garden herbs! You’re gonna want these little guys once your garden is buried under a bed of frost. Plus, Its just fun to win stuff!