This post is sponsored. All opinions are my own. A healthy on-the-go breakfast doesn’t mean a trip to the drive-thru! If you’re wanting more pre-prepared breakfasts or snacks, this Make Ahead Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Bark is a 3-ingredient treat you can take with you or munch on when you need a quick snack! Full of protein and probiotics!
I’m thrilled that the temps have really started to warm up here in the Bay Area. Now that I’ve got my base tan going, I’ve got summer on the brain and I am ready to jump back into creating some new summer inspired recipes.
My schedule is already filling up throughout the next few months so I’ve been brainstorming some ways to meal prep ahead of time so I have plenty of grab and go options for the busy weeks ahead.
I know meal prep is so hot right now, and while I totally get the purpose of it, I often find that I get bored with eating the same old grilled chicken and veggies for every meal. I’ve been thinking quite a bit lately about ways to not only bring some new life to my go-to lunch and dinner recipes, but also about simple, healthy breakfast and snack recipes that are fast, yet satisfying.
Make Ahead Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Bark (for breakfast or snacking!)
While shopping at Target the other day these new Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Spreads caught my eye. I liked the idea of a fruit spread that was naturally sweetened with honey instead of artificial sweeteners, so I grabbed the blueberry lemon flavor and threw it in my cart. Lucky for me, it landed next to one of my fridge staples, Dannon Oikos greek yogurt, and my latest breakfast meal-prep idea was born.
Yogurt is a great grab and go breakfast option, but you know what’s even better on a hot summer day? Frozen yogurt. I decided to make a frozen yogurt bark that was swirled with Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Spread and topped with fresh blueberries.
We’ve got protein. We’ve got calcium. We’ve got antioxidants and vitamins. You know what we don’t have? Artificial ingredients.
Sounds like an awesome breakfast that will power you through a busy morning if you ask me.
What’s even better about this recipe is that it’s so delicious and refreshing, it also makes a great healthy snack or dessert. I’m pretty sure if my mom fed me this when I was a kid, I’d think I was getting a major treat.
The recipe could not be simpler. All you need is a sheet pan and a freezer.
I added a little extra zip to mine with the addition of edible glitter, because I feel like summer is something to celebrate! Get creative by adding sprinkles, chocolate chips or other fun surprises. The recipe is fully customizable.
Get the step by step photos and recipe for Make Ahead Frozen Yogurt Bark Below!
More Simple Make Ahead Recipes
- Make Ahead Cheesy Zucchini and Turkey Casserole
- Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Bowls
- Individual No Bake Cheesecakes
Make Ahead Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Bark
- 1 32oz container your favorite flavor of Dannon Yogurt I used Oikos Greek Vanilla flavor
- 6-8 tablespoons Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Spread I used blueberry lemon
- 1 cup sliced fresh fruit I used blueberries
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spread yogurt in an even layer over the entire surface of the pan.
- Dot spoonfuls of Smucker’s Fruit and Honey spread over the surface of the yogurt.
- Using a spoon, palate knife, fork or any convenient tool, swirl the fruit spread into the surface of the yogurt.
- Evenly sprinkle fruit over the surface of the yogurt mixture. Press down slightly to make sure the fruit freezes into the bark.
- Place sheet pan in the freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- When the bark is fully frozen, break into pieces. Keep frozen until ready to serve