Every single week lately has seemed overly action packed. The Hubs and I were wondering the other day if we had mono or something because we’re always so tired, but I think we’re just constantly moving full speed ahead, and that can be exhausting. Being busy is a Great thing, and we are definitely not complaining! There’s no better way to put the feeling of being spread too thin into perspective then to let go of the stressful stuff, and focus on only the Great things. Let’s do this!
1. My baby Olive is 6 months old today! I’m pretty proud of the job I’ve done training her so far. She’s still ball of energy, but I see the days of repetition paying off. She has brought a lot of joy to this house, Tally included. I’m most happy about how much those two love each other. We all still miss Grace, but life is a bit brighter with her tiny doppelganger running around.
2. Superbowl squares payout!! That’s right, I won third quarter in the superbowl squares betting pool. Although I was dozing off before the end of the game (sorry, I flew back from Seattle that morning) the $100 I won made going to the party instead of going to bed worth it. Not to mention the delicious food spread; none of which I was responsible for. Sometimes its Great not to be the one cooking.
3. We attended an in home wine tasting last night at a friend’s house. I dragged my exhausted butt off the couch, and had to change out of my pajamas to attend, but I am so glad I did! It was a blast! What a fun idea for a birthday party (or no specific occasion as was the case last night). We bought some wine which should arrive on Tuesday in conjunction with my bi-monthly shipment from Chandon. Next weekend should be wine-tastic!
4. The Hubs brought me a Starbucks coffee TWICE this week! Usually he’ll stop on his way home from the gym on Friday’s, but I guess knowing how exhausted I’ve been, he brought me one on Thursday too. Coffee is definitely the way to this girl’s heart.
5. I’m super excited to be featured over at my friend Wendy’s site today! Wendy is a breast cancer survivor, No Doubt fan, and quintessential SoCal girl. She is such an inspiration to me. I hope you’ll go check out her site, and get to know her a bit.
I’m looking forward to some cooking and down time on what is supposed to be a rainy weekend here in San Diego. Before I go, I’d like to wish a VERY happy birthday to my niece Campbell! 11 years old today! We love you girl. Have an awesome day.
Gratitude is contagious! What Great things are happening with you this week? Leave a comment below and let me know.