Back to this week’s Great List. Do you guys ever have the feeling that you’re moving at hyper speed but the days are just inching along? That’s how the last few weeks have felt to me. I’m SO grateful its finally Friday, and looking back, its been a pretty Great week overall.
1. I had one lovely afternoon with Val, her cousins who are visiting, and a houseful of funny kids. Leila and her cousin Peyton, both age 3, were too hilarious. The beauty and innocence of kid’s tiny brains at work is not lost on me. My personal favorite is when Leila told us she had a great idea for her brother’s first birthday…..”Kid wine!” Oh dear. It’s starting to become clear what kind of kids we’re all raising around here. (fun ones!)
2. Boozer is back! This is a common item on my Great List, but that just goes to show you how much I love that little guy. Doubly excellent is that he’ll be here when my parents are here next week. I know they’re a fan as well.
3. Today marks the end of a rough month at work. At the beginning of the year, I set out to tackle this huge project I’ve been working on. It was clear to me that first quarter would be very challenging (and it has been), but I’m getting by, day by day, and I’ve only got one more month to go before things get a bit easier….I hope.
4. I bought my first bunch of ranunculus this week at the farmers market. They are my all time favorite flower, so I try to buy as many as possible when they’re in season. These yellow beauties have certainly been brightening up my days despite the rainy weather we’ve been having.
5. We had a fun time reminiscing this week that one year ago we got up in the middle of a work dinner, went immediately to the airport with no luggage, and flew to Vegas to be witnesses at our best friends Val and Stefan’s wedding. Val’s sister Jen was pregnant with Carson and couldn’t attend, and now, a year later, we have Carson AND his cousin Fiona. When people say what a difference a year makes, they weren’t kidding! I feel grateful every single day of my life for these wonderful friends that we get to share our lives with.
See? A pretty Great week! I’m looking forward to a fun filled weekend with blog friends new and old. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend