Hooray for long weekends! Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone. My dad, a Vietnam veteran, always says “It’s not happy. People died you know.” Yeah, thanks dad, and thanks to all of those serving in our military at home and abroad especially my friends Adam and Jed who are the ones who’s safety is most on my mind. Despite the fact that I’m somberly reflecting on the sacrifices our soliders have made for us, some great things happened this week as well!
1. The vegetable garden is MAJORLY sprouting now! My first squash blossoms bloomed this week, and there are tons of teeny tomatoes and peppers coming in! At this rate, we should be eating good in about 2 weeks.
2. Every Friday The Hubs stops at Starbucks on the way home from the gym. I normally drink plain, black coffee, brewed at home, but on Friday’s I get a vanilla latte. It’s a nice little weekend treat.
3. More food styling work this week! I feel like i’m starting to perfect prime rib for the camera. Weird to say, but great for me!
4. Some really exciting opportunities presented themselves this week. Too soon to discuss, but I’m seriously stoked about them!
5. I bought plane tickets to go to Chicago to see my nieces in July!! I can’t wait. I’m hoping to be able to skype with my brother and sister in law this weekend and get my first, live action peek at the beauties. Isn’t technology a miracle?
6. I was able to accomplish all my fitness, professional and personal goals again this week! I’m on a productivity roll lately! Added side bonus: I’ve been sleeping great!
That’s it for me this week. Leave a comment and share the great things that went down in your neck of the woods this week!