When life is tough, sometimes repetitive gratitude can work like a mantra to get you through the day. That’s kind of the place I’m at this week. I’m jet lagged, brain dead, behind on my work, and overall exhausted, but I know that complaining is not the answer. Gratitude is always the answer, and I’m counting on it to get me through this final day of work this week. Here’s what I will be repeating to myself over and over as my patience is tested today and my weary mind is challenged.
1. I’m grateful for my super fluffy and comfortable bed.
2. I’m grateful for dog hugs.
3. I’m grateful for my neighbor who kept my garden alive while I was gone.
4. I’m grateful to have had the opportunity to explore new places.
5. I’m grateful it’s Friday and I have 2 days to sleep ahead of me.
6. I’m grateful for my sister in laws who sent me cute photos/videos of my nieces and nephews this week to welcome me home.
7. I’m grateful for on time travel with no delays.
8. I’m grateful for new friends and old friends.
9. I’m grateful for work colleagues who picked up the slack while I was out.
Thank you to everyone who showed me support which allowed me to take the time to adventure these past few months. I know blogging has been sporadic, work has been challenging, and living with me in general has not been the easiest. Please know you can count on me any time you’re seeking a bit of adventure yourself.
Happy weekend to all.