Is it just me or was this the longest week EVER? The last 5 days have just inched by for me which is a feeling I haven’t experienced in a long time. I’m still adjusting to a new set of tasks and responsibilities, and I think the learning curve is going to be a bit steeper than I thought. No biggie. I’ll get there. How was everyone else’s week? I sincerely hope you all have been enjoying your summer despite the super hot temps most places. My friends and I have made a conscious effort to make this summer, “awesome and super summery” so we’ve been doing all sorts of fun, outdoorsy, bbq-y type stuff. So far, so good! Let’s talk about the great things that went down this week
1. I did all my Insanity workouts this week, and today is my final day before recovery week! Yes! I’m very proud of myself for sticking with this. Although I hate to exercise, I always feel very accomplished when I get through each day.
2. Lots of veggies were harvested this week! Finally my big tomatoes are starting to turn red as well as my peppers. I’m going to make some homemade mozzarella over the weekend so I can eat my weight in caprese salad before I leave for Chicago next week.
3. On Monday I came home from the movies to find my neighbors in my yard. They had called the police because the dogs were barking like crazy for 45 minutes straight so they thought maybe someone had broken in to our house. Scary, but still great that I have neighbors that look out for us like that. I love where I live! (Everything was fine, I think the dogs just saw a possum or something)
4. Went to my bi-monthly Creative Connection meet up last night. I love this group! I got to catch up with some of my favorite ladies, and met some awesome new friends. Its something I definitely look forward to every other month.
5. An open weekend filled with endless possibilites. The Hubs and I have sushi plans tonight, but otherwise, the weekend is wide open! Usually I’m cooking and photographing all weekend long, but I’m leaving next week ,so the fridge is empty and I’ve got nothing planned to work on (except the cheese!)
6. I got some new photography equipment in the mail. I’m looking forward to fiddling around with my new stuff. I’ll post more details if/when I know how to use it, and if/when I find it valuable. Still, I love learning so I’m excited to see if this stuff helps me!
How was your week people? Good I hope. Let me know what happened. I love hearing about the great stuff going on with everyone! Hope the greatness continues into the weekend and next week as well!