Fridays are for gratitude here at betsylife, and once again I’ll be taking a second to list the Great parts of my week. I do hope you’ll join me in this weekly gratitude by leaving a comment and letting me know what you’re grateful for. Big or small, all the Great things count. Trust me. Wait until you see my list this week.
1. I live on a pretty busy street which makes it tough to back out of my driveway. For the majority of the week this car was parked with its bumper barely hanging over my driveway making it exceptionally more difficult than it already was to back out. Fortunately, yesterday when I came home it was gone! Phew! Now I can go back to just having a marginally hard time backing out.
2. Leila had her first swim lesson with our friend Maggie in our pool yesterday. Talk about hilarious. That kid and her wild imagination paired with her Peter Pan obsession made the whole experience so funny to listen to. They were not swimming as they floated around on the kick board, they were mermaids on a choo choo train to never never land. When I gave her the pre-promised popsicle upon completion of the lesson I thought her little head was going to explode with excitement. Children have such an awesome way of putting everything into perspective. I’m very grateful she’s a part of my life.
3. I woke up this morning and bought myself a present from the Nordstrom anniversary sale. We all need to treat ourselves sometimes. I can’t wait for it to arrive in the mail!
4. The weather has been pretty flawless lately. San Diego really delivers this time of the year when everyone else is melting until blankets of humidity. We’ve been enjoying sunny, breezy, mid to high 70’s temps. It’s definitely the good life!
5. This week has been packed with Great face to face interactions….a rarity for someone who spends most of her life behind a computer. I had a Great work meeting, a Great dinner with some new friends, a Great lunch with Val , and some Great talks with Jen including what exactly happens during a vasectomy. Omg we’re old. I’m lucky to have such wonderful people in my life who challenge and support me every day.
Well, as you can see, nothing major. In fact, nothing all that interesting, but that’s life. Today I promise to do my best to let go of the negative feelings I’ve been holding onto lately, and try to enjoy this weekend for what it will be. I wrote a quote on my Facebook page this week, “we do not see things as they are. we see things as we are.”– anais nin Whenever negativity starts to creep in, I need to remind myself that I’m creating these feelings and I have the power to stop them. I hope you’ll all keep that in mind for your weekends as well. Until next week……