Today’s an extra special addition of The Great List because today is also my SITS day! What is SITS you say? It’s an awesome community and website built around women supporting each other, and I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of it!
For those visiting from SITS for the first time, I’m Betsy! I’m a Californian via Chicago, a food stylist, a borderline crazy dog lady and a positive thinker. I love to cook and create, and am always looking for the sunny side of life. I’m all about a healthy lifestyle, and run a second site, Seasonalpotluck.com where readers can link up and share their healthy, seasonal recipes.
Every Friday here on Betsylife, I like to take a day to reflect on all the great things that happened throughout the week. It’s pretty easy for life to get in the way, and the next thing you know, weeks have gone by and you haven’t even come up for air. I make it a point every Friday to reflect on the past week, count my blessings, and start each weekend on a good note. Some weeks totally suck, and maybe the only good thing that happens is that you were able to finish all the laundry, but I’m a firm believer in silver linings, and feel that no matter how stressful life gets, there has to be at least one great thing happening for everyone each week whether it be large or small.
So thank you for stopping by! I’d love if you’d leave a comment and share the great things that happened in your life this week!
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared
1. For those of you who may not know, I just returned from a trip to Chicago, and I must rave about the food! Oh the food! I ate EVERYTHING! Oysters, tacos, beef sandwiches, pork belly, duck fries….the list goes on and on! The food was BEYOND great this week.
2. Seeing my doggy again after a week away was definitely a great moment! My brother’s dogs were good stand-ins, but there’s nothing like seeing Tally’s smiling face every day. I saw a funny cartoon recently that said something like, “anyone who says a girl’s best friend is diamonds must never have had a dog” Truth.
3. Best thing I heard all week: while eating ice cream with my 5-year old nephew after a movie he says, “Aunt Betsy, it’s wreelly great spending this time with you.” I seriously died! That made my whole life! Second best thing I heard all week: my friend Krista after hanging out with me and my little brother, “It’s really weird seeing someone who looks exactly like you but is a boy.” Ha! We do get mistaken for twins sometimes.
4. I’m loving being home and away from the crazy heat and humidity! I try to never take the glorious San Diego weather for granted, and those Chicago temps were a great reminder not to! My frizz free hair is happy to be back to normal.
5. Arriving home to a giant garden harvest, and a set of new canning jars sent to me by a friend. My mind is racing with recipe ideas, and I can’t wait to get started in the kitchen this weekend!
That’s it for me this week! Thank you all for stopping by my little corner of the internets. You can also find me @betsylife on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Let’s be friends! It’s been lovely having you, and I’ll hope you’ll stop by again. Have a great weekend!