This week really inched by slowly. Isn’t it funny how in life we always want the weekends to come so quickly, but then we say things like, “Man, this year just flew by! Where did the time go?” It’s a strange catch 22. I’m hoping this weekend will inch by as well so I can rest up and mentally prepare myself for more travel and work next week.
For this Great List I thought I’d do something a little different. In honor of my last week as a 32 year old, I will now list 32 things that I am grateful for this week.
1. The housekeepers came this week. Nothing beats a clean house especially when The Hubs is out of town so he can’t mess it up.
2. Boozer is back! I love a house full of dogs.
3. Having all the coffee to myself because The Hubs is out of town.
4. Having the TV to myself because The Hubs is out of town.
5. Dinner with my bestie. No one keeps me more grounded than Val.
6. My workouts have been Great lately. I’m loving hot yoga and managed 3 classes this week. I also ran my longest run in ages and felt Great doing it! I definitely could have gone further. Overall, I’m feeling amazing when it comes to health, fitness and my body.
7. New Avett Brothers album hit Spotify this week. I’m more-than-mildly obsessed.
8. Last Friday when we ate dinner with Val, Jen, their parents, Leila, Carson, Stefan and The Hubs, an old couple at the table next to us told me on their way out that we were “a beautiful family” and it made them smile to see all of us enjoying each other’s company so much. Blood related or not, THAT is what its all about. We are a real family for sure.
9. Chandon wine club delivery yesterday! Its going to be a bubbly weekend! #funmonth
10. The weather has been 80 and sunny all week long. THIS is why I live in San Diego. I don’t give a crap about fall, or boots and sweaters, or pumpkin baking stuff. Give me flip flops, a bikini and some cold pressed juice any day!
11. I’ve got two fun weekend creative projects planned. They are both a secret, and neither involve cooking, but I’m really looking forward to them.
12. Olive met a new best friend at the dog park this week, and the dog’s owner is very nice too. It’s just like parenting I think. It’s nice to see your “kid” find someone they like to play with, and its an added bonus if their “parent” is normal so you can talk while the kids play and its not awkward.
13. Last weekend we went to brunch with some friends of ours who live in LA. We haven’t seen them in years and it was so Great to catch up, meet their son and see their older daughter. Sometimes I really miss the old days of San Diego when we had a huge group of friends. Many have moved away, but its Great that we’re all still in touch.
14. I found out this week my sister in law is having a baby GIRL! That will be niece #7 for me (4 nephews). This will be the first niece/nephew that lives anywhere remotely near me (orange county) so I’m excited to see her all the time and spoil her rotten! BWHAHAHAHHAHA! Being an aunt rules.
15. Miraculously the check engine light in my car, that has been on since the beginning of the year, went off this week. The bulb probably burned out, but hey, its nice to pretend for a second that Senty is a young car again.
16. I’ve got more work booked next week. A multiple day shoot too, which is like gold in a freelancer world. Freelancing can be nerve wracking at times, never knowing when your next job will be, but for me the answer is next week, so for that I am grateful.
17. My hair is finally long enough to wear in a ponytail without a clip holding the back up for the first time in probably 2 years. I like having short hair, but it has to be practical. Carting around a rubber band AND a clip, isn’t a huge deal, but its nice to have one less thing to think about.
18. My Dad has been having severe knee pain for over a month, and we found out this week that although he still has to have surgery, its much less invasive than initially suspected. Hopefully he’ll be up and running by Thanksgiving so he can make the trip to TX to see my brother and his family.
19. In other health news, my brother’s dog had surgery to remove a large tumor from his lung. It was pretty major, but good ol’ Payton pulled through with flying colors. The health of my family, friends, pets, etc is ALWAYS the thing I am most grateful for. Its especially apparent in October, which is breast cancer awareness month. Breast cancer has touched my family, and even just reading stories online of strangers suffering from the disease makes me all the more thankful that my family and friends are healthy.
20. Vacation planning with my friend Jenny. We’ll soon be booking a trip to Mexico in January! I travel a lot, but its not usually for vacation, so this trip is extra exciting.
21. Project Runway finale! This is one of my favorite shows and the finale was on this week. Its currently recorded on my DVR. I can’t wait to watch it tonight!
22. My friend Katie and her wild antics. This girl makes me laugh every single day. I would get into specifics, but they may not be appropriate to air on the internet. Let’s just say she’s hilarious.
23. My pool guy, Fernando, my gardener, Lamberto, my housekeepers, Chris and Kathy and my neighbors who help me all the time, and are awesome, and make my life easier week after week. I’m SO grateful.
24. I got a new cookbook in the mail this week from my friends at Cooking Light. Its called, “Lighten Up, America” and I’m anxious to dive into some of the recipes.
25. I cashed in my 20% off birthday coupon from Anthropologie this week. Can’t wait for the items to arrive in the mail!
26. I’m grateful for online shopping in general. Seriously, what a godsend right? Not only for clothes, but for hard to find specialty items, craft supplies, pet toys…..I buy everything online.
27. I live in such a cute little town where the people at the grocery store notice when I’m out of town and say things like, “Oh where have you been? We haven’t seen you in a while?” and the Starbucks barista knows my coffee order, and the people at the nursery helped me pick out just the right plant for the dark corner of my living room, and told me that on Friday’s if kids wear a costume there they’ll get a free pumpkin. I really love the sense of community.
28. Speaking of pumpkins, carving them is easily my favorite part of the Halloween season. Perhaps I’ll pick one up this weekend.
29. For bosses day this week, The Hubs employees got him cookies from the Cravory. Not only am I grateful that his employees like him enough to buy him a bosses day gift. I’m super grateful that they actually know him well enough to know that cookies are his favorite. He deals with a lot in his job, and its nice to know that his employees really care about him.
30. I wrote on facebook the other day that I know at least 14 people who are pregnant. I’ve been very vocal about not wanting to have children myself on this blog, but I’m so happy for those who do, and have been able to make that happen for themselves. It makes me so happy and proud to see my friends as parents, and I’m excited to share in their children’s lives as well.
31. This year has been one of the best of my life. I feel more fulfilled than I ever have in the past, and my heart is very happy. I only see brightness in the years to come.
32. Most of all I’m always most grateful for my Hubs. Even when we’re apart, he keeps me laughing by texting me photos of a t-shirt that says, “I pooped today.” Thanks Hubs. I love you too.
Happy Weekend everyone!