I’m finally getting back into my regular routine this week after playing mad catch up last week. Even with a mid-week pit stop at Disneyland, I still feel as though I’ve got my life back in order. It’s crazy how one week away can throw everything off, not just work-wise, but fitness-wise, sleeping-wise, eating-wise….pretty much every aspect of my life. Despite the chaos, I wouldn’t change a thing! Here’s what’s been Great this week.
1. I’m so grateful for my friends and The Hubs who took a day off work to take me to Disneyland for my birthday. Especially Val who is pregnant, and Stefan who rode all the rides with me that The Hubs was too chicken to ride. I had the best time, and I will not forget this birthday for a long time. I’m sure it wasn’t everyone’s ideal destination, but its something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, and I love my friends for doing it with me.
2. On the topic of Disney, all the lines were super short yesterday. A random Thursday in November is apparently the perfect time to visit. I got to hit every single ride I wanted, and even a couple extra. Not only that, the weather was perfect jeans and tank top weather. Hazy sunshine, and not too hot. It could not have been more ideal.
3. I managed an insane level of productivity this week. My to do list is DONE, and it feels Great! I still haven’t quite mastered squeezing in excellent food photography during non-daylight savings time, but I’m getting closer. Hopefully I’ll have some excellent photos and recipes to share with you next week.
4. I have some Great weekend plans that include a comedy show and breakfast with my aunt and uncle. Saturday is wide open and it looks like the weather is going to be beautiful. Perhaps The Hubs and I will take a bike ride along the ocean, or something else to take advantage of these perfect SoCal winter days. I’ve started to see a few snow pics pop up on Instagram, and I am so grateful that is not outside my front door!.
5. I would also like to mention this week how grateful I am for a group of blog friends that I only know from the internet, but have been a Great support system and sounding board for me for more than a year now. These ladies are smart, thoughtful, and incredible supportive, and I’m so happy to know them all. In this space ladies I mean you! XO
Wishing everyone a joyful weekend……..