This week has been hyper productive for me. I’ve been up super early, at work early, multi-tasking, and generally overachieving. I go on binges like this sometimes. Let’s be real, its not completely sustainable, but when I get in the groove, I just go with it, balls to the wall, until I crash. I’m hoping to keep the energy up for the rest of the month since I still have a lot on my plate, but if I need to take a minute (or a day) to rest, then I will. Despite all the to-do’s, this week had some real high points.
1. Tally had some major dental surgery on Wednesday, and pulled through with flying colors! Its always nerve wracking to put an elderly dog under anesthesia, and it wasn’t the smoothest wake up she’s ever done, but she’s back to her old, tail wagging self today, only now with much fresher breath.
2. Got a text this morning from my friend Jen saying she finally got a full time teaching position back! This is truly GREAT news as Jen has been in varying stages of work/lay off for the past 3 years. It’s tough out there for teachers these days. Jen was laid off after teaching in her school district for nearly 10 years, so its great she’ll finally be back in the classroom doing what she loves.
3. The Hubs and I had a lovely brunch with my aunt and uncle last Sunday who were in town from Scottsdale. These particular relatives were always closest to us growing up, and I’m sad to have not seen them in a while. It was so wonderful to catch up, and the icing on the cake was that the brunch weather and scenery was absolutely perfect.
4. I’ve got a wide open day today that I began with a refreshing hot yoga class. It’s kind of gray and windy outside which is the perfect weather to accompany some secret craft project I am working on today. More info on that in a couple of weeks……..
5. I FINALLY made a decent crock pot meal, but due to the CRAPPY lighting this time of year (no, I’ll never get over it) no pictures were taken. Here’s the link to the Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken that served as my jumping off point. It was damn good! Keep those slow cooker recipes coming! I refuse to quit until my slow cooker portfolio is complete.
I hope you all have a peaceful weekend!